New Zealand Informatics Competition
We are always looking for help. NZOI and the NZIC is run by volunteers. We provide opportunities for students to learn informatics and programming, from just knowing the basics of programming, to training to compete at the mostly widely recognized competition - the IOI. However, we can’t do this without the help of our sponsors or our volunteers.
If you are a company, or you wish to support us, please consider a cash donation to the NZOI. We are a registered charity, so your contributions are tax-deductible.
If you don’t have money, you can still support us. Whether you are a past student, a high school teacher or a university lecturer with a passion or interest in informatics, there are many ways to help us.
- tutoring at the January training camp, or mentoring students during the year
- help prepare an NZIC contest:
- submit ideas for problems
- revise problems and generate test data
- be a test competitor for contest problems
- join the problems committee
- offer your help in organising various NZOI projects (including the NZIC)
For other interested parties
You can also help us by getting more people interested in informatics!
- Set up a programming club at your school
- Spread the word - show students where the training resources are and tell your students about us